Founded in 1933
About our club
The Belle Vernon Area Rotary Club was organized January 12, 1933, and admitted by Rotary International February 6, 1933.
Officers are Theresa McCulloch, president; Larry Golashewski, vice president (president elect); James Scirotto, secretary. Board members are: Larry Golashewski, Sam Cover, Leonard Parzynski, Lisa Doria, Fred Exley, Debbie Puglia, James Scirotto, Frank Jaworowski .
Members believe in the Rotary creed of Service Above Self and have raised thousands of dollars for community projects, individuals and families in need. Members feel strongly about investing in the youth of our area and award yearly scholarships based on merit to a senior at Belle Vernon Area High School and one at Frazier High School. In addition, the club invests in projects around the world by participating in Rotary's Paul Harris Foundation.
But the strength of our club lies in the camaraderie among members, which can be evidenced in the numerous dinners and other social events that include family. In addition, groups of members pursue such diverse interests as golf, bicycling, canoeing, skiing, and jaunts such as tours of wineries either in sports cars or on motorcycles.
Meet our members HERE.
The club welcomes visitors to meetings, with the hope they will share our vision and soon join our club. Meetings are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at The Clubhouse Grille, Cedar Brook Golf Course, Rostraver.
Committee assignments for 2017-18 are located